Swallow-tailed kite sighting? Report Sighting Here!
"I have traveled worldwide and seen countless centers and this is the absolute best of its kind I have ever seen anywhere" - Jack Hanna
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR VISITORS:
We will be closed on Thursday, October 8 for our annual fundraising gala.
Click here for tickets or more information about Migration to Memminger, Annual Gala - October 8
To identify and address vital environmental issues by providing medical care to injured birds of prey and shorebirds, and through educational, research and conservation initiatives.
The Avian Conservation Center and its principal operating division, The Center for Birds of Prey:
- Operates a professional avian medical clinic for injured birds of prey and some shorebird species
- Offers on-site and outreach educational programs to students and adults
- Conducts relevant field and laboratory research studies
- Participates in and supports international conservation issues
- Is a first-line responder for oiled birds in the event of a contaminant spill affecting native bird populations and their fragile breeding habitats along the South Atlantic coast
- Serves as a primary resource for creating ongoing awareness of the ecological impacts of a contaminant spill and makes available proactive measures to reduce the likelihood of such an event